[arch-devops] AUR unavailable due to Python 3.8 upgrade

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Sat Nov 23 12:44:54 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I updated most of our servers last night which led to the unfortunate
upgrade of Python to 3.8. I managed to python3 setup.py install the new
AUR module which seemed to fix stuff but now we have issues. The aur is
now in maintenance mode till this is figured out.

This needs to become a priority on our agenda, getting the AUR into
ansible and dealing with the big issue which is a vendored cgit which
will also break time from time.... (apart from the security
implications).

Greetings,

--
Jelle van der Waa