[arch-devops] Devops promotion process - Levente

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Thu Sep 12 20:10:49 UTC 2019

Em setembro 12, 2019 16:38 Levente Polyak via arch-devops escreveu:

> Hey ho,
>
> Thanks for the positive feedback so far. I just wanted to take the time
> for a tiny inverse confirmation that I indeed would be happy to do so :-)
>
> Besides some focus on security topics, like keeping an additional
> security-focused eye on the systems and its packages (including ansible
> provisioning etc), I would also love to work on some potential (but to
> be discussed) topics like centralized logging etc.
>
> On top, just to clarify it, I'm of cause happy to help on regular devops
> things as well -- that's part of what I do for a living anyway.

Hi Levente,

Thanks for doing this inverse confirmation. Since we don't have a established
process, I followed a process similar with what we have for devs, where a dev
does the proposal.

It'll be good to have someone looking at things with a security mindset. I try
to fix things as I see them, but the number of roles is growing, and we also have
terraform now.

Our infrastructure is more complex by the day.

With Jan's vote, we now have a majority and therefore Levente is now part of devops.

I'll make the necessary changes and commit to the repo.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini