[arch-devops] Add Frederik Schwan to the devops team

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 24 01:47:14 UTC 2020

Em junho 20, 2020 22:27 Sven-Hendrik Haase via arch-devops escreveu:
> Hey all,
>
> I propose adding Frederik Schwan to the devops team. He's eager to help
> Arch, he's knowledgeable, and does devops professionally. He's got a
> good amount of experience with mail stacks and cloud stuff and he'd like
> to help us out.
>
> In fact, he's already helped quite a bit with testing and some
> accessless devops tasks but the number of tasks requiring access that we
> currently have far outweigh the accessless tasks and I think he'd like
> to become more involved.
>
> Thoughts?

Hi Sven,

I think that more help is *always* needed but, and this might sound a bit weird
coming from his tu sponsor but, I'm getting a bit worried about the amount of people
with root access on Arch Linux.

So, my only issue here is that we should think about revoking root access from members
of the devops team that are currently not working on devops related tasks, before adding
more people. I'm saying this without any detriment to Frederik himself, but this is really
related to adding more people while we have a few seemingly inactive "roots" currently.

Other than that, +1 from me.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini