[arch-devops] Broken disk on vostok

Sven-Hendrik Haase svenstaro at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 23:13:57 UTC 2020

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 at 10:46, Simon Wydooghe via arch-devops <
arch-devops at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> Quoting Sven-Hendrik Haase via arch-devops (2020-06-27 20:26:33)
> > Yeah, well I dunno. That's gonna get really embarrassing if we don't
> notice
> > for too long at some point.
>
> I'm not familiar with your RAID and monitoring setup, so apologies if
> this info is not applicable, redundant or useless, but if you're fans of
> Prometheus, node_exporter exposes mdadm metrics by default about the
> state of all disks, so you could easily alert on the failed state, if
> we're talking about a mdadm RAID here.
>
> If it's of interest to you, I'd be happy to help out with this stuff. It's
> what
> I do for a living and Arch helps me make a living ;)
>
> --
> Simon Wydooghe
> +32 (0)472 83 22 30
> simon at wydooghe.com

Hi Simon,

Help is always appreciated though we obviously have to be careful with
handing out access.

Why don't you come hang out with us in #archlinux-devops on Freenode? There
we can coordinate any help and I can answer your questions/provide guidance
in real-time. I'm sure we can find something for you to do.

Sven