[arch-devops] Add Frederik Schwan to the devops team

Bartłomiej Piotrowski bpiotrowski at archlinux.org
Tue Jun 30 20:32:37 UTC 2020

On 21/06/2020 03.27, Sven-Hendrik Haase via arch-devops wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I propose adding Frederik Schwan to the devops team. He's eager to help
> Arch, he's knowledgeable, and does devops professionally. He's got a
> good amount of experience with mail stacks and cloud stuff and he'd like
> to help us out.
>
> In fact, he's already helped quite a bit with testing and some
> accessless devops tasks but the number of tasks requiring access that we
> currently have far outweigh the accessless tasks and I think he'd like
> to become more involved.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Cheers,
> Sven

DevOps team traditionally consisted of developers, with exception of
fukawi who is a member of our community for longer than many packagers
are. While I understand you trust Frederik, he joined Arch only recently
and unless you have some particular task in mind, I don't see why he
would need root access to the entire infrastructure. It should be
no-brainer to let him access only specific VPSes or even create a
disposable one only for testing purposes.

Bart