[arch-devops] Meeting 21th May 19:30 UTC - 21:30 CEST

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Wed May 20 18:17:06 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Another important meeting is scheduled for tomorrow, the notes of the
previous meeting can be found here. [1]

Topics for tomorrow

# Discuss previous meeting topic progress

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:DevopsMeetings/2020-05-06

# Gitlab project creation

We already have some projects on the Arch Linux namespace and some
questions where raised about this:

* Do we want to add an infrastructure namespace or other specific
namespaces?
* Do we already onboard projects, what is the procedure and what
permissions do we set?
* Do we always set up Github sync?
* What to do with runners?

# Onboarding people to the Arch Linux group

Do we already onboard people, it is a manual task and error prone.
Another problem is that we have onboarded users on keycloak which are
now ex-developers or inactive, do we remove these accounts? How do we
onboard new staff on keycloak?

# Prometheus monitoring

We have discussed changing our monitoring to Prometheus in the interest
of further automation and having configuration in code. [2]

# Discuss priority's

We should discuss what our priorities are and blocking issues for Gitlab
and ideally organize our Gitlab board to reflect this.

[1]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:DevopsMeetings/2020-05-06
[2] https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/infrastructure/-/issues/31