[arch-devops] Iraklis Akritas Application for Junior DevOps

Sven-Hendrik Haase svenstaro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 07:20:35 UTC 2020

On 29.10.20 07:52, LambdaClan via arch-devops wrote:
> Dear Arch Linux developers, this pull request aims to alleviate the
> long ongoing issue #0 "we need more manpower in terms of working on
> our tools, infrastructure and difficult problems".
>
> -----BEGIN APPLICATION BLOCK-----
>
> snip
> -----END APPLICATION BLOCK-----
>
> Thank you all for your consideration. I hope I have managed to portray
> my passion for the project and Linux in general and that I will be
> merged into master or main whatever you preference may be.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Ira

Thanks Ira for taking this step!

I do indeed support this application. To be clear: Ira would join the
team in much the same way freswa did. He won't get more access than
required for the tasks while we build mutual trust and see how well we
can work together. Ira has contributed quite a bit to our DevOps efforts
earlier, he's responsive and driven. I think he'd make a good addition.

We don't really have a process for applications like this so I thought
perhaps we can just have a bit of discussion here and then decide on
this in a future DevOps meeting. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Sven