[arch-devops] DevOps meeting 2021-02-11 18:30 UTC

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Feb 10 17:26:33 UTC 2021

Hi all,

some experience about the PHP update:
* I patched FluxBB to work with PHP 8; make sure to use the latest
master commit from the archbbs repo
* We should monitor the error log though
* PHP 8 reveals a mariadb deadlock which was hidden by PHP 7 before
(errors were suppressed by @...). I recommend to rate limit extern.php
(RSS feed) and search.php using Nginx. The builtin ratelimit of search
can be disabled as well (within the FluxBB admin UI). For an example
see: https://github.com/archlinux-de/etc-nginx/blob/master/vhosts.d/bbs.archlinux.de.conf#L38
* MediaWiki does not fully work with PHP 8 yet. Versions >= 1.36
should be compatible though: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T248925
* Flyspray wont work yet:
https://bugs.flyspray.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2620

Greetings,