[arch-devops] Decommissioning dragon and upgrading to new box

Sven-Hendrik Haase svenstaro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 19:40:55 UTC 2021

Hey everyone,

A new sponsorship term for dragon (our build server for those who
weirdly enough don't know) was coming up and as the box was getting
pretty slow for 2021 I felt perhaps we should also try for an upgrade.

Anyway so Hetzner kindly agreed to give us a sponsorship deal for a
bigger box which is roughly twice as fast as dragon. It'll be called
"mir" and will be made available in the next few days.

dragon is scheduled to be decommissioned on the 19th of January. Since
nobody is supposed to be storing any data on dragon, we won't be
performing a home directory transfer. Still, if there's any data you
care about on dragon, please back it up until the 19th.

Have fun with the new box!

Cheers,
Sven