[arch-devops] Doing an svnadmin dump/load for svn-{packages, community}?

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Mon May 31 21:45:49 UTC 2021

Our svn repos have become larger than necessary over the years. It
appears that a dump/load can significantly reduce their disk footprint
(possibly also improve performance slightly):

$ du -sh /srv/repos/svn-*/svn svn-*
19G /srv/repos/svn-community/svn
27G /srv/repos/svn-packages/svn
2.6G svn-community
1.2G svn-packages

I'm tempted to replace the live svn repos with a dump/load copy
sometime next week. It would require halting repository access (and
new commits) for about two hours. If anyone has concerns over this or
knows of possible caveats (besides copying over the post-commit hook),
please reply. :)