[arch-events] FrosCon 23.- 24.08.2008

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 04:18:54 EDT 2008

2008/7/9 Gerhard Brauer <gerhard.brauer at web.de>:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 03:45:49PM +0300, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
>>
>> Unless they make some kind of a deal or solve this issue somehow
>> I don't know any other way to get a passport before the event.
>> So looks like I won't be able to drink beer with you guys.
>
> So silly...
> Would there be a better chance when one of us german give you an
> invitation (on some visa things such a thing could help) or a letter that
> you be a referent, lector who must give a lecture on this event?

That would help in getting a visa, I think.
But I won't be able to pass the border without a passport.
I'll be monitoring the issue and hoping it will be resolved before the event.
Will visit my city's passport bureau during next days.
(Here people are able to get an international passport _only_ in the city
where they are signed to live (this is written in a domestic passport)
or in a special centre in the capital, and I don't live in that city anymore,
but cannot change that record without getting a _permanent_ appartaments here
(yet another USSR-time silliness not canceled yet)).

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)