[arch-events] FrOSCon - Who brings what?

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Aug 17 05:23:37 EDT 2009

Dieter Plaetinck schrieb:
> good idea to make this
>
> - out of curiousity: network equipment not provided by froscon?

We need to bring switches and cables ourselves. We'll probably not get
as many ethnernet ports as we need. They explicitly wrote it in another
mail, but it's stuck in the arch-events queue because of the big
attachment, Aaron will have to allow it explicitly when he goes through
the moderation queue.

> - presentation machines.  seems like we already have 2.  I could bring my samsung syncmaster 2032 BW for Gerbra's pc. (it has an dvi and a vga port)
>   Jens could then use his 2 screens on his own pc to show off kde 4.3 or whatever.  then we could use gerbra's machine to demonstrate installations.
>   is that okay for you jens?

3 monitors seems like much, but I am in if you think it's a good idea.
Last year, gerbra ran a full installation video over and over, and Jens'
machine was used for showing off and abusing Arch a lot. I am thinking
maybe we need only one machine, no idea.

http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre/froscon/2008/2008-08-23_18-01-20.jpg