[arch-events] Upcoming events in Germany

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Mon Aug 24 05:47:17 EDT 2009

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 10:01:47 +0200
Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Yesterday, I was approached by a Ubuntu representative and member of
> OpenRheinRuhr e.V. who personally invited me to OpenRheinRuhr
> http://openrheinruhr.de/ on 7./8. November.
>
> I don't know if I have the energy to help organize this one, but he was
> very eager to have us there and have at least a small lightning talk
> about who we are and what we do. What do you think?

Where is the program?  It looks a bit oriented towards business

> Also, Andy was talking highly about Chemnitzer Linuxtage. They will be
> in March and I think we will have to decide until November whether we'll
> be there. I haven't searched http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/ for more
> information about it.
>
> It's also on a weekend, they have places to sleep in a gym, so it's
> probably possible for me to be there. Andy and me agreed that we will
> try to be there with an Arch booth. We should start planning this in
> time. I feel more positive about that one, so who is interested?

http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2009/vortraege/plan.html looks interesting, but I guess it's all in german?
anyway chemnitz is pretty far for me, so I'll probably won't come.  (unless there something very good I shouldn't miss or arrange a plane for speakers or something ;-)

Dieter