[arch-events] FrOSCon 2009 arch physical media

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 11:23:19 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 16:37, Thomas Bächler<thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Roman Kyrylych schrieb:
>
>> LightScribed and/or printed CDs would be great (I can do both).
>> @Thayer: if you could make a couple of cool labels for official CDs
>> in 2-3 weeks - that would be awesome. ;-)
>> Note that since labels for LightScribe disks have a larger hole [1]
>> there will be two types of labels needed.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Sources/LightScribe_Comparison/Images/1_3_B_label_spec.jpg
>>

> Thayer already made a new logo.
> http://dev.archlinux.org/~thomas/froscon-white-cd-2009a.svg
> http://dev.archlinux.org/~thomas/froscon-white-cd-2009b.svg

The copyright/trademark text will be slightly cropped by the special ring
on LightScribe CDs. Can you adjust this, Thayer?

Also, it would be nice to have a single-arch non-FrOSCon versions
at the time of release (so people like me can burn nice CDs
for people who would like to try Arch).

> Last year, Pierre printed 100CDs somewhere, can we do it this way again?

I'll try to make as much as I can, expect at least 20 printed CDs,
and at least 20 lightscribed.

> BTW, don't worry about the multiarch ISO. When we have an ISO for i686 and
> one for x86_64, a script can easily merge them into one ISO!

In a way that makes it possible to select the desired arch during boot?
Will all those large grub menus become nested in another "Select
Architecture" menu?

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)