[arch-events] FrOSCon 2009

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Tue May 26 08:39:06 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 14:29 +0200, Christoph Neuroth wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'll try my best to make it to FrOsCon again, but can't promise it right now as I'm pretty busy...
>
> > I don't expect to make it this year, though there's a possibility that I
> > might come if there's an affordable flight or train trip from Bremen to
> > Sankt Augustin. Flying from Haugesund to Bremen is nearly free, but from
> > Bremen it's quite a distance to Sant Augustin. I won't travel through
> > europe by car anymore, it's far too expensive to get out of this country
> > with it.
> You could try to find someone to carpool. In Germany, mitfahrgelegenheit.de has a lot of offers for cheap travelling, usually around 5€/100km. So you could go from Bremen to Bonn or Köln or something and take the local train from there.

I checked my options today:

- plane, have to travel from Wednesday to Wednesday, Ryanair only does
flights on Wednesdays and Saturdays. This means taking off a full week
for 2 days of fun, while I'll be bored for the other 5 days.
- Instead of flying with Ryanair, fly with SAS, but that's $$$
- car + boat, or just car completely. This will cost me somewhere
between 200 and 250 euros. I think that's quite expensive for two days
of fun.

I don't like these three options. I have plans to come back to the
Netherlands for two weeks halfway september, and I don't think my
employment allows me to add 3 weeks in front of that.