[arch-events] [arch-dev-public] FrOSCon 2009

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat May 30 13:14:30 EDT 2009

Am Samstag 30 Mai 2009 18:55:07 schrieb Dieter Plaetinck:
> 1) I am much more interested in the social aspect and/or meaningful IRL
> discussions, rather then sitting in some booth promoting arch to
> (potential) users.  do you guys plan to get a devroom and/or do more
> meaningful things then "booth-sitting" ?

This is definetly not about sitting at a booth and waiting for people. We will
have a dev room, there will be a social event on saturday evening. Last year I
had no time booting up my notebook. (talking to lots of people visiting other
projects etc.)

> 2) The link "program" on their site links to "call for papers", is
> there a way to get an up to date view of what talks there will be?

they are still on planning the event

> 3) are the talks mostly in german? how much of a problem is it that I
> don't speak german?

That shouldn't be a problem. Lot's of talks are in English and pretty much
everybody should understand you. But you might ask Jan about how he felt last
year.

> 4) is there an entrance fee?

Sure, as community project we'll get vip badges. So we'll have drinks and food
for free, too.

> 5) do you guys plan to go both days?

Yes. If you don't want to stay at a hotel you can sleep in our dev room.

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn