[arch-events] [FrosCon 2010] Same procedure as every year Pierre?

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Apr 14 12:57:52 EDT 2010

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:24:04 +0200, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be>
wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:08:49 +0200
> Thorsten Töpper <atsutane at freethoughts.de> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:50:40 +0200
>> Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

>> > Yeah, better than dracut. I could actually talk about system
>> > initialization - it would be a talk for Linux beginners though, an
>> > expert would be bored.

Or you could talk about capabilities. But that's probably too advanced. I
thought more about a very short introduction to Arch and then concentrate
on how we actually implement things in Arch. So more like a "behind the
scenes" than something you could just read on wikipedia.

And if we have about three or four talks we might even think about getting
a bigger project room including a beamer and give our talks there.

>> As you and Pierre may remember, I already began last summer with the
>> slides for a talk, if you want, you can take what I have so far.
>>
>> http://github.com/Atsutane/talks/tree/master/de/archlinux/

Could you give a talk about using these latex classes first? :-)

> aber die slides sunt in deutch?
> ich verstehe das nich :(
>
> i thought froscon was an international conference, compatible with
> non-german speakers :P

And I thought our minister of foreign affairs made clear that "we are in
Germany here". ;-) I would prefer to give a talk in German as probably
nobody would understand me talking English. But maybe we can do the slides
on English and if there happens to be someone in that talk who doesn't
understand German we can try to switch to English.