[arch-events] FrOSCon and visa

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 11:12:46 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 12:36, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> Update:
> * phone not responding then responding with operator's voice
> * emails not responding
> (skip time for vacation, then for illness)
> * got in contact via IRC
> * hopefully will get some paper on monday

More updates:
* finally got some reply via email
* even got a PDF with an invitation
* German embassy demands the original document, signed and stamped
* spent a week trying to force FrOSCon team to send it to me,
  Pierre agreed to even go take it and send by himself ('cause they're so busy)
* still no answer
* within one day received an invitation from our company's
representative in Sweden
  and sent all required documents to the embassy (they accept faxed invitation)
* same day, evening (one hour ago) got a message from FrOSCon team,
  that they sent the document today
  (and the deadline for sending document to the embassy was yesterday)

So, why would I ever want to get a German visa for visiting FrOSCon again?

FOSDEM team was so much more quick and helpful.

I'm too tired to be angry.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)