[arch-events] Archcon 2011

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Mon Aug 16 07:16:02 EDT 2010

So, we had archcon 2010 in Toronto, Canada.
http://www.archlinux.ca/archcon2010/
It went smooth, very good atmosphere, but pretty small attendance due
to it being held in the middle of nowhere (Canada) ;-)

So, where shall we hold the next ArchCon?  And who is interested in
(helping) organising it?
I would suggest to do it in Europe, because there is a much higher
concentration of Arch devs and users here. (I think)
And I know Dusty wants to visit Europe :)

Some ideas:
* Maybe we can do it together with Froscon.  (like opensqlcamp does
  their sql conference at froscon)
* I know there are some local schools and businesses in Belgium (Antwerp
  and Ghent) willing to provide rooms for free for tech/open source
  conferences.  Probably similar opportunities exist in other countries.
* ..?

Dieter