[arch-events] Archcon 2011

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Aug 16 09:10:10 EDT 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:16:02 +0200, Dieter Plaetinck
<dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> Some ideas:
> * Maybe we can do it together with Froscon.  (like opensqlcamp does
>   their sql conference at froscon)
> * I know there are some local schools and businesses in Belgium (Antwerp
>   and Ghent) willing to provide rooms for free for tech/open source
>   conferences.  Probably similar opportunities exist in other countries.
> * ..?

We had this idea for some time now. I think we would benefit from
attaching our con at e.g. FrOSCon. This should save us money, we need
less to organize and I am sure we'll see a lot more visitors. (people
might not want to travel a long way if it's just for quite small con
about a single distro.)

I guess the only thing holding us up till now is that organizing this
would be a lot of work and responsibility. :-)

Pierre