[arch-events] Fw: [FOSDEM-Dist2010] Post mortem: feedback please!

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Wed Feb 10 08:38:47 EST 2010

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:14:15 +0100
From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter at debian.org>
To: dist2010 at lists.fosdem.org
Subject: [FOSDEM-Dist2010] Post mortem: feedback please!

Hi all,

Since this is the first time we had a multi-distro devroom at FOSDEM, I
agreed to have a post-mortem chat with Pascal Bleser and Matthias Guns
to see if and what we could improve towards next year.

To do that properly, we will need feedback from as many people as
possible: distro coordinators, visitors, speakers, everyone. Please be
so kind as to let us know what you thought of the distro devroom. Even
if you send us a mail which consists of nothing more than something like
'I love it, please do so again' or 'it was crap, I hate it, please do
the distro devrooms again next year', it would be valuable to know that.

Also, it would be nice if people could forward this request in their
respective communities.

Things I'll note already:
- I need to ask for moderators a bit more early :-)
- More volunteers from other distributions would be nice. As it is, the
  Debian crowd did almost everything, from moderating to manning the
  cameras to cleaning up after the fact. There was some help from other
  distributions (most notably from Dominique Dumont who did video in
  H.1302), but not as much.
- People have asked for longer breaks in between talks. We'll think
  about that for next year.
- If the devroom will be open on Saturday morning again, we don't need a
  whole hour for set-up. We would need to know about that significantly
  before the event, however.

Regards,

trying to fool the system.