[arch-events] Archcon: planning of activities

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sun Jul 4 14:14:14 EDT 2010

Hey guys,
As we know by now, Toronto has many things to do. [1]

Since Archcon is at the end of my 14-day stay, I would like to know the
planning for the "archcon tourist days" (referred to as ATD from now
on) on july 24-25 in advance,
so I can adapt my planning accordingly.

One of the things I'm thinking about especially, is the trip to the
Niagara falls.  Dusty and I are definitely going to do this, but do we
plan this on the ATD or before? If we plan it on the ATD, more people
can share the fun experience, but some people may not be interested in
it.  I'll put it differently: who wants to go
to the Niagara falls but can only do it on the ATD ?

But there's more. What about a trip to the clairville conservation area
(near to conference)? center island? ontario palace? CN tower?
things that are probably all must-do's, but probably not to be done
twice.

Some other things, I wouldn't mind visiting more then once.
E.g. The Linux Caffe

I know it's probably hard to plan this advance, as opinions will be
cast mostly at the conf (the brainstorm is even planned on day 2 in
the evening), but it's gonna suck for me if we decide to do things
I've already done (some short things are easily opt-out, but not big
ones like day trips or amusement parks), or the other way around, if I
skip something and we end up not doing it during the ATD.

How can we tackle this problem? Or is the idea to do smaller less
invasive things during the ATD like wandering around and having a
drink?

[1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archcon_extra_activities