[arch-events] Dieters, Dusty's and maybe your trip to the Niagara falls (was: Archcon: planning of activities)

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Tue Jul 6 13:08:42 EDT 2010

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:29:47 -0600
Dusty Phillips <dusty at archlinux.ca> wrote:

> I expect people will split into groups to go and do whatever they
> want. If there's anything you've done already, you can join a
> different group, so you don't have to plan too much for that. I will
> do Niagara falls with you and anyone else that wants to come, probably
> before the conference, rather than on the weekend after. If other
> people want to go down there on the weekend, though, then we can do
> something else while they do that. There is so much to do and see in
> Toronto that people will have to pick and choose which packages
> they're most interested in maintaining, as it were. ;-)
>
> Dusty

OK !

Any specific reason for doing the falls before the conf? Like, in the
weekend there are more tourists in the area, or what?

I found these organised tours, which are supposedly pretty good:
http://www.toursinniagara.com/tour_info.html

But also, Barbara (the woman of my bed and breakfast) also does a
niagara falls tour, we get more input in the program (we can
stay longer in the evening, eat where we want, etc).  If you want, I can
forward you some mails with more info.

There's also a dude who did some further recommendations for things to
do at the Falls (such as "create your own trip"), see the comments at
http://dieter.plaetinck.be/off_to_toronto_july_14-28_Archcon

If it were up to me I think I would take Barbara's tour, but surely you
guys know the area better (Loui and Ricardo reading?), so I want your
input!

Dieter