[arch-events] FrOSCon 2010 planning

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Jul 21 13:13:30 EDT 2010

Okay, same procedure as every year, just more people:

Our official team members are:
* Thomas Bächler
* Roman Kyrylych
* Thorsten Töpper
* Pierre Schmitz
* Jan de Groot
* Andreas Radke
* Jens Adam
* Dieter Plaetinck
* Jan Steffens
We have a developer room and a booth. I will probably be at the booth
all weekend, so I'll make myself our "booth manager". I'll also make
Andy our devroom manager.

The devroom usually doesn't get too many visitors, but we should make it
possible for them to be there. We also might have a short presentation
or two at the devroom if someone wants to (if we tell the FrOSCon team
that we want to make a presentation, we will get a bigger room - so a 3
or 4 hour program on Saturday afternoon would be cool if anyone volunteers).

We should be able to sleep in the devroom, but it will be small and
crowded. And there probably won't be any showers on Sunday morning!

As usual, we need equipment.
- One or two PCs for the booth, preferably Mini-ITX or equally small -
and with hard drives that we can wipe as we please! If you bring a
computer, don't bring your hard drive (Who has a car? Jens?).
- As many monitors as we have computers.
- Power sockets.
- Our laptops :)
- Ethernet cables (everyone bring some)
- Ethernet switches/Wireless access points
- CDs?
- More??

This is what I intend to do:
1) Bring a 5 port switch, and two wireless access points with an
integrated 5 port switch each.
2) Bring all the ethernet cables I can find.
3) Push out an updated ISO release with updated packages and based on
the latest archiso git. I guess AIF hasn't gotten any or much work, so
we'll just take what we have. This should be finished at the beginning
of August, so I can order between 100 and 200 brand-new Arch CDs from
icoco again. We can use donation money I guess, the CDs were something
between 1 and 2€ a piece last year.

That's all I can think of for now - maybe we can revive last year's wiki
page to see if I missed something.