[arch-events] FrOSCon 2010 planning

Thorsten Töpper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Fri Jul 23 15:16:37 EDT 2010

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 19:13:30 +0200
Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> The devroom usually doesn't get too many visitors, but we should make
> it possible for them to be there. We also might have a short
> presentation or two at the devroom if someone wants to (if we tell
> the FrOSCon team that we want to make a presentation, we will get a
> bigger room - so a 3 or 4 hour program on Saturday afternoon would be
> cool if anyone volunteers).
>
> We should be able to sleep in the devroom, but it will be small and
> crowded. And there probably won't be any showers on Sunday morning!
>
> As usual, we need equipment.
> - One or two PCs for the booth, preferably Mini-ITX or equally small -
> and with hard drives that we can wipe as we please! If you bring a
> computer, don't bring your hard drive (Who has a car? Jens?).
> - As many monitors as we have computers.
> - Power sockets.
> - Our laptops :)
> - Ethernet cables (everyone bring some)
> - Ethernet switches/Wireless access points
> - CDs?
> - More??

I'll come and probably will sleep in the room too. I can give a short
presentation which will explain how our community is build up and how
the ABS works. I already gave that one at my university this April[1]
and who wants can take a look at the stuff from back then, I'd make it a
bit more specific as we have more time and the publicum won't be 15
people that rarely know about something else than using preinstalled
Microsoft products. I guess a talk about mkinitcpio would also be
welcome as my translation of your post Thomas was by far the most read
one in this year and is still often read.

For the clothes: I don't own a shirt with our logo by now, as I don't
want to design one(very bad skill of mine) is it okay if I order the
one[2] Sven introduced with his TU-Application? As I don't want to
order two I'd ran around in an i3-shirt the other day. If there are no
objections till Monday I'll do the order ;)

I currently hardly fight with my hardware so I can not say yet if I can
bring something else than laptop, cables and sockets with me, I'll give
a clear list at last 7 days before the fun. However I'll try to get
enough space at my laptop so I can also bring a local mirror for
[extra] next to my usual [core] one so we can help people with fast
complete installations and set ups if there again people who need so.
(The main interest ist to fasten the installation at presentation
machines up but *shhh*. ;-))

Well that's everything I can say for now,
Thorsten

[1] http://github.com/Atsutane/talks/tree/master/de/archlinux-psm-hs/
[2]
http://www.linux-onlineshop.de/Fanartikel/Shirts-/-Kleidung/T-Shirts/Distri-T-Shirts/T-Shirt-Arch-Linux.geek
--
Jabber: atsutane at freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4     FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4