[arch-events] FrOSCon 2010 planning

Gregory Eric Sanderson gzou2000 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 09:36:05 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 6:10 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 20:13, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>
> wrote:
> > We should be able to sleep in the devroom, but it will be small and
> > crowded. And there probably won't be any showers on Sunday morning!
>
> I can stay in a hostel in Bonn this year,
> since I have to book for 3 nights anyway
> (otherwise the German consulate will find it suspicious
> that I don't have one night booked in some ho(s)tel)
>
> > As usual, we need equipment.
> > - One or two PCs for the booth, preferably Mini-ITX or equally small -
> > and with hard drives that we can wipe as we please! If you bring a
> > computer, don't bring your hard drive (Who has a car? Jens?).
>
> I can bring a very small mini-ITX box in this case:
> http://www.mini-box.com/M350-universal-mini-itx-enclosure
> I even have VESA mount screws, so it can be mounted on a TFT display.
> It's has no CD-drive, so installation should be done from a flash drive
> (could someone please bring one? mine is always filled with some data
> and backups)
> the HDD inside will be fully available for any experiments
> (repartitioning, formatting etc.)
>
> > - As many monitors as we have computers.
>
> In case someone will find a reason for using it
> - I can also take a small 2-port KVM switch:
> http://www.aten.com/products/productItem.php?pid=20070420164543001
> (note: DVI only!)
>
> > - Power sockets.
> > - Our laptops :)
> > - Ethernet cables (everyone bring some)
> > - Ethernet switches/Wireless access points
> > - CDs?
> > - More??
>
> Order these laptop stickers:
> http://schwag.archlinux.ca/product/laptopsticker/
> If we will have CDs - these should go with each CD,
> if not - we could still give out the stickers to people anyway,
> especially to those who will install Arch in our devroom ;-)

For the schwag, Dieter and Dusty are in toronto right now. You might want to
contact Dusty and ask him to give a few stickers to Dieter before he goes
back to europe. It might cost less to ship them afterwards

> --
> Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

"All musicians are drug addicts, no question about it. The ecstasy we get
during a concert is proof enough.
yet there is a slight difference between us, the musicians, and the typical
'street-junkie'...
Instead of consuming powder, we consume vibrations"

Will
et/ou
Gregory Eric Sanderson Turcot Temlett MacDonnell Forbes
et/ou
Touffa!  :)