[arch-events] arch linux meetups @ FOSDEM

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sun Jan 22 08:35:43 EST 2012

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 12:56:12 +0100
Romain Schmitz <romainschmitz at googlemail.com> wrote:

> 2012/1/22 Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be>:
> > On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 12:00:29 +0100
> > Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:

> >> Not my main interest, but you are free to organize something like
> >> that. I know FOSDEM used to have "hacker rooms" which you can use for
> >> ad-hoc hacking meetups like this, they probably still have these.
> >
> > oops. it seems the "hacker rooms" are meant for quietly checking your mail and such.
> > To do what you want, you'll need to find a place where there's no talk going on and where you're not disturbing anyone.
> > I see the embedded devroom has some timeslots without a talk going on, so that could work.  although they are still filling up the schedule, so ...
>
> What about visiting the hackerspace in Brussels for about 2 hours and
> then going to have dinner/drinks afterwards on Saturday evening?
>
> Dieter, are you fine with this idea? It would suit everyone's need.

I'm fine with you doing whatever you want.
I speak only for myself of course, but I usually stay at the conference until the last talks (7PM).
Consider that the hackerspace is pretty much the other side of brussels, so I don't think there's time for that (at least not on my personal agenda).
If you want to eat at 7PM that means you'd need to leave fosdem at about 4PM.
If you want to visit the hackerspace, maybe friday afternoon is a better time.