[arch-events] FrOSCon 2014 - 23.& 24. August

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Jun 3 15:21:57 EDT 2014

Am 23.05.2014 20:50, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> I did register an application for a dev room. I still need a little
> help though:
>
> * A list of participants and their mail address
> * project description in German and English
> * Our program for the devroom
> * How many guests do we expect
>
> Sounds like we might even be able to give mall talks in our dev room
> if we like. But we need to apply for this now and provide at least a
> rough plan.

Hi all,

I am cc'ing to dev-public to reach a broader audience. Maybe other dev
or tus are interested.

I got an answer from the FrOSCon team and we have to choose between two
1) a room for 25 people, a built-in beamer but for only one day.
2) a smaller room for 10 people with an optional mobile beamer but for
both days.

If we take option 1 we need to organize a couple of talks. We should use
up to 6 slots a day: https://paste.archlinux.de/35ocw/plain
This could include some (open) dev meeting or discussions. But we
probably need like three people who are willing to give a talk in front
of a small group. As we did not do this before I am definitely
interested in giving it a try. It shouldn't be too hard to come up with
3 or 4 topics worth talking about. (We have till August to finalize
these for the printed program)

Please let me know what you think about this and which option we should
take. Also send me you name and mail address if you are likely to
participate so I can sign you up for tickets.

@Thorsten: Did you hear back about the booth? We might combine these as
in taking the dev room for Saturday and the booth for Sunday.

Greetings,

Pierre