[arch-events] Arch Linux lanyards for FOSDEM

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Thu Jan 8 11:05:21 UTC 2015

CC'ing arch-dev-public to let devs and TUs know about this.

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 2:33 PM, William Gathoye <william at gathoye.be> wrote:

> I'll take 3 of them if you don't mind. In that way of some of my
> friend need one, I'll have enough, and this allows for you and me to
> drop the unit price.

I mailed Dusty Phillips about the shipping time and he replied that using
regular shipping the lanyards will never arrive in time.
He's talking with a private post service for a faster shipping method *and*
(big news!):
Dusty will donate a bunch of lanyards to be distributed to Arch Linux
Developers and Trusted Users, but also to people involved in arch, but not
officially yet.

I'd like to know how many AL devs/TUs will participate to FOSDEM so I can
keep one for each official contributor at least.

> I assume benefits are for the ArchLinux community right? Btw, I wonder
> how are donations managed at ArchLinux, I haven't seen a blog
> article/official statement on the wiki yet.

Since I'm involved in Arch (6+ years) the money have been spent for Arch
Linux server hosting only (well, and one build machine).

Regards

--
Andrea