[arch-events] Archlinux "booth" at Chemnitzer Linuxtage 2019

Wilhelm Schuster ws at rot13.io
Wed Mar 13 19:20:31 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

There will be a small Arch Linux booth at this year's Chemnitzer
Linuxtage coming up on March 16th and 17th 2019. Anyone attending feel
free to come and talk to us about this fine Linux distribution.

I'm sorry for the admittedly short notice, but I've been busy lately and
totally forgot to send a message to this list.

Chemnitzer Linuxtage [0] is a small Linux conference held every year in
Eastern Germany. Besides a "live" area featuring booths of both
companies working with and around FOSS, and various Open Source
projects, the event also features a schedule of talks and workshops. The
talks are also streamed and recorded.

In past years there were quite a few distributions that had booths at
the event including Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, Mageia, and ReactOS, but
Arch was missing and so two friends and I decided to get involved. We
are neither developers, nor TUs, but we are quite fond of the
distribution and like to get the word out about it, and/or just talk
with people that share our interest. We also want to set up the booth
for hands-on troubleshooting, though we are not really sure how people
will actually interact with us, so we will be collecting experience and
maybe do this again (better) next year.

[0]: https://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2019/en

Cheers, Wilhelm.