[arch-events] Online Arch Linux Conference

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Wed Jul 29 14:17:34 UTC 2020

Yo!

Because of COVID-19 I assume most people have had some conference plans
cancelled this year. FroSCon has had an Arch Linux devroom the past years, but
as we are not meeting physically I guess that isn't happening either. Thus I
want to try rally some people and have an online Arch Linux conference/devroom.

There are not any major ambitions really. This can be a few hours an evening, or
a weekend event. We will see what we figure out :)

# Ideas

Some of the ideas I have had so far is as roughly:

    * Team Q&A
    * Talks/presentations
        * team member and the wider community
    * Interactive streams
        * See how packagers do their work?
        * Arch Linux installation speedruns(?)
    * Workshops?

Feel free to email me offlist, or poke me on other platforms, if you have other
great ideas that could work!

# Organization

To organize we would need some help and might need some roles filled.  This is a
shortlist of the ones I can come up with. But I'm sure there are more tasks and
roles needed:

    * Art-work/graphics
    * Help figuring out streaming
    * Planning and handling CFP

There is no requirement to be on the Arch team to contribute. If you think you
have anything to contribute, please do come talk with me! Need every help one
can get :)

# Meeting

Below is a suggested meeting date for interested parties to attend. I'm unsure
if it's going to be mumble or purely text based.

Date of meeting:
    4th of August
    19:00 CEST (UTC+2) - https://everytimezone.com/s/a5112249
    IRC: #archlinux-conf @ freenode