[arch-general] Change kernel version or module?dir?at?bootprompt?

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Dec 4 14:35:26 EST 2007

Am Sonntag, 2. Dezember 2007 20:00:03 schrieb Gerhard Brauer:
> *that* sounds simple, *that* seems to be KISS...

Well, imho a rescue kernel is not that important as one would think. I could
even remember the last time I had a non booting kernel. For local systems you
should allways have an install CD or similar at hand. A backup kernel does
not help if you filesystem is broken.

And for servers: in addition to a serial console to access the server even
before booting you should have the ability to boot from network.

Pierre

--
archlinux.de