[arch-general] missing vbox_build_module

richard terry rterry at gnumed.net
Fri Dec 14 03:46:03 EST 2007

I wonder if anyone has anyidea about this, I posted previously and got no
reply.

May laptop is 1.8 celeron + ati, I upgraded system > no X, tried reconfiguring
X to no avail (X wouldn't boot at all, just seemed to lock up). I downgraded
back to  kernel26-2.6.23.8-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz, and kde loaded fine, but
virtualbox wouldn't load (no front-end gui), no error logs generated, the
command just hangs in the terminal.

looked everywhere for the /usr/bin/vbox_build_module to rebuild the kernel
module but dosn't seem to exist on the computer. Did an updatedb etc first to
try and find it. Checked out the forum and of course all the posts mention to
use that file.

doing a pacman -Ql <package name> also it seems the file needed to rebuild the
kernel module is not in any of them.

Any Idea's appreciated.

Richard