[arch-general] missing /usr/lib/libstdc++.la / kdelibs won't build

Mister Dobalina reebydobalina at yahoo.ca
Fri Dec 14 09:25:10 EST 2007

I know you'll tell to file a bug report, but I like to
get people's opinion on this ;)

So I'm trying to build kdelibs, but after building
some kwallet stuff it fails with grep & sed
complaining about there being no /usr/lib/libstdc++.la
file, which is odd, since gcc-libs has
options=(!libtool).

On an older arch install on a different machine, I
actually have a stale /usr/lib/libstdc++.la lying
around, but "pacman -Qo" comes up empty, and a look
inside tells me that this is circa libstdc++.so.6.0.3
(current is libstdc++.so.6.0.9).

I guess I'll try to figure out how to get libtool to
build the missing libstdc++.la so I can finish my
kdelibs build.

Cheers.