[arch-general] problem compiling for i586 with new makepkg

Karolina Lindqvist karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se
Sat Dec 15 03:32:30 EST 2007

lördag 15 december 2007 skrev R. Dale Thomas:

> 	I'm with you Karolina, I need to support some VIA machines, too.

When I am ready, I will put up a repository of archlinux for VIA i586/C3 that
I use, so that others can have it too. My VIA machine is my internet server.

I call it i586, although it is not exactly that. i686 is assumed to include
the optional instruction cmov, which the VIA C3 does not have. So I will
build i586 assuming that it includes the optional mmx and 3dnow, since the
VIA has it. Is there anyone who runs a real i586 at all?

Karolina