[arch-general] Packages with non free licenses

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Tue Dec 18 14:34:31 EST 2007

Aaron Griffin wrote:
>> I have been meaning to ask, AFAIK besides the codecs package the same
>> license have ttf-ms-fonts. Is there any change to see them in
>> unsupported too?
>> IMO the fonts are a more complex issue than the codecs one, since most
>> users have them installed. Theres already an AUR entry for them in
>> unsupported
>
> If you can do some testing here to see WHAT these fonts should be
> replaced with, and what looks good, that'd be appreciated. I'd, again,
> be personally fine with the switch, but as you said the fonts are a
> far more complex issue.

Just my $0.02:

I'd really urge you guys to *not* remove the ttf-ms-fonts package.  I
use those fonts for just about everything on my boxes!

Granted, someone could start supporting the package in AUR, and I guess
I could live with that if I had to.  But I'd be much happier to have
them be officially supported.

DR