[arch-general] Packages with non free licenses

Jeff Mickey jeff at archlinux.org
Wed Dec 19 20:52:51 EST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 2:32 AM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

Just to be honest here, it says you can't supply them in any form that
adds value to *commercial* products.  We are not using our .iso files
for commercial value, and thus do not violate this part of the
license.  Oh, and we do ship the .exe files, and then extract them on
the local system.  Oh wait, and they say that anyone can download and
use the fonts!

It sounds like we are in complete compliance except for the license
agreement being shipped with the package.

Someone could probably just open a bug, requesting that the license be
shipped? With Ion it had too restrictive of a license.  This license
is similar to just about any other freeware, and is a license that is
not hard to comply with at all.

    //  jeff
--
. : [ + carpe diem totus tuus + ] : .