[arch-general] problem compiling for i586 with new makepkg

Karolina Lindqvist karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se
Wed Dec 26 06:48:39 EST 2007

lördag 15 december 2007 skrev JJDaNiMoTh:
> On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 08:00:19 +0100
>
> Karolina Lindqvist <karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se> wrote:
> > I guess I am going to maintain this, for my own usage, for quite a while
> > now, since I have a machine that is going to run it. It appears that a
> > few others also quietly maintain archi586 the same way.
> >
> > Karolina
>
> Do you want to share these packages? It can be very useful for who have
> a VIA chipset. Ubuntu has break my patience :)

Yes, now I have them unofficially on ftp://archi586.ath.cx/archi586/

The whole thing is not completely ready and polished yet, and a booting ISO
USB-stick image will also come a little bit later. But it is working, and the
server machine runs archi586 on a VIA ITX.

pacman is not there right now, only a slightly bufixed and enhanced
pacman-git. Pacman just did not work for it.

Karolina