[arch-general] famd problems

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Fri Dec 28 04:19:02 EST 2007

On Freitag, 28. Dezember 2007 00:45 _saiko wrote:

Sorry, i use kde, so i can only say what i have read without own experiences.

> Is there a way to live without famd since all it brings are problems for me?
> It's required by many things so i can't just remove it.

The german arch wiki about xfce [1] said that gamin can do the job too but
this lines be not in the english arch wiki. Gamin is in the community repo
and so you can give it a try with this (if you have the community repo
active):

# pacman -Rd fam && pacman -S gamin

The german wiki said that there is no other action (rc.conf and starting a
daemon) necessary. Sometimes you have to restart the X server after it.

To be more on the safe side you can search first in the forum
(http://forum.xfce.org) for relevant things about gamin.

Good luck, Attila

[1] http://wiki.archlinux.de/?title=Xfce#Desktop_wird_nicht_aktualisiert.3F