[arch-general] Depends loop in gcc-gcj and eclipse-ecj

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 17:58:23 EST 2007

On Dec 31, 2007 8:21 AM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 05:32 -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > On Dec 31, 2007 3:07 AM, Karolina Lindqvist
> > <karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se> wrote:
> > > gcc-gcj depends on eclipse-ecj which depends on gcc-gcj, making a dependency
> > > loop.
> >
> > Please report this in the bug tracker so in can be assigned to the
> > proper people to take care of it
>
> The bug won't be taken care of, since gcc needs eclipse-ecj for the
> compiler to work, and eclipse-ecj needs a runtime to be able to
> function.

Yeah, I figured it was rationale, but it's much easier to reference a
bug report than some random ML post about it 8)

Either way, Jan, could you possibly provide some build instructions in
the PKGBUILD for this? It seems confusing and I'd rather not see this
knowledge on how to build them exist only in your head (what if you
get hit by a bus? heh)