[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] initscripts changes

RedShift redshift at pandora.be
Mon Apr 7 05:36:19 EDT 2008

Jan de Groot wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 11:12 +0200, RedShift wrote:
>> I'm sick and tired of complaining about issues like these, that
>> shouldn't be discussed in the first place. Do you think I like
>> complaining? Since when do we assume the user is stupid? All that's
>> been accomplished here is create a big mess.
>
> I think these things shouldn't be discussed in public anymore. Your use
> of language makes me sick. This is the same for that thread aaron opened
> about the direction archlinux is going, some people personally attacked
> several devs.

Yes, I'm sorry for my language, I can be a bit harsh at times, haven't allowing myself to cool down. But that's no excuse for avoiding this discussion. You may see this as some little change with small importance, but this sets a precedent for Arch Linux in the future. It's now that has to be decided that changes like these are acceptable or not.

And the fact that developers attacked other developers personally, isn't that expected? They did create the packages, so if there is something wrong, they are the ones to go to?

Glenn