[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] initscripts changes

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 09:36:29 EDT 2008

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 13:58:22 +0200
RedShift <redshift at pandora.be> wrote:

> > There is in fact a valid reason why we should not hardcode devpts and I
> > am thinking of dropping the thought, but none of you even cared to bring
> > it up, instead you bitch about your weird principles, which you claim to
> > be Arch's principles, insulting developers and being an ass on the way.
> >   I am following KISS and trying to make things simpler, while you want
> > to keep things more complicated, because you think that's what Arch is
> > about.
> >

> Obviously we have a different view of what "Simple" actually means. There is no common ground anymore.

I think the argument has gotten lost. We shouldn't be debating whether
these things should be loaded or not. The issue is -where- they are
loaded. Either the standard location or some make believe script that
isn't part of standard operation.

Of course they should be loaded by default. Who wants to see Arch Linux
become LFS+pacman? Nobody I think.