[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] initscripts changes

Arvid Ephraim Picciani aep at ibcsolutions.de
Mon Apr 7 11:52:37 EDT 2008

On Monday 07 April 2008 17:45:29 Thomas Bächler wrote:
> I quote:
> "'Simple' is defined from a technical standpoint, not a usability
> standpoint. It is better to be technically elegant with a higher
> learning curve, than to be easy to use, and technically crap."
>
> What you don't get is that if you have to make a decision between two
> equally technically elegant decisions, and one of them improves
> usability, you go for usability.

You twisted it.
Mind the "not" in front of "a usability standpoint".

It says:

technical correctness  > usability

not:

usability  > higher  learning curve

But you know that argument failed, which is why you argue it beeing invalid:

> I will say it one last time: Adding the _necesity_ to configure
> something that doesn't need to be configured is crap, from a technical
> and a usability point of view and thus defeats the Arch Way.

thanks again for admiting that you disrespect the arch way.
Now black on white and not revokeable.

--
best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Arvid Ephraim Picciani