[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] initscripts changes

Geoff capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 07:50:53 EDT 2008

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:22:26 +0200
Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 8:50 AM, David Moore
> <davidm at sjsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >  One of the reasons I stay subscribed to this list is
> > so that I can learn more about my system.  In that
> > light, would you mind sharing with us why exactly you
> > did drop the idea?  I would really like to know.
> >

> http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-April/005643.html
> If you are interested about your system, please read
> arch-dev-public, don't write to arch-general. Thanks.

But why?  A public dev list is a valuable opportunity for us
all to see how the devs are thinking, but I would never
dream of posting to it.  The devs would probably disregard
anything I had to say as noise, - and quite right too. Why
should not people like me be able to discuss system issues
here?

Geoff