[arch-general] Multiple sound cards

Stephen Wilkinson sw8511 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 12:28:43 EDT 2008

Thanks Karolina,

I'd noticed that too, that the kernel (from 2.6.17 til 2.6.23)
detected the on-board sound card even when it was set to "disabled" in
the BIOS. I double checked the BIOS setting, and it is definitely
enabled.

Before kernel 2.6.17 I couldn't get the two cards working
simultaneously... hmm, I wonder if a "feature" (read bug!) that made
my setup work has been fixed!

Can the on-board be disabled by the presence of another sound card
(over-riding the BIOS setting)?

Steve