[arch-general] libSoundTouch.a but no libSoundTouch.so

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Apr 20 13:05:35 EDT 2008

I'm trying to build Psychosynth on "Don't Panic". There are are a few deps,
some of which I need to build from source (OIS, Ogre, and CEGUI). Soundtouch
is also a dep, and is available from the Archlinux repos, but
running ./configure on Psychosynth, it failed to find the libsoundtouch lib.

Looking in /usr/lib, libsoundtouch has a libSoundtouch.a file, but no
libSoundTouch.so file, which I presume is why ./configure for Psychosynth
cannot find the library.

Is this a bug, and if so, where should I report it?

I did also download the soundtouch tarball from their site, but with
configure, and make problems.

./configure complained that it couldn't find automake-1.9, which is true, as
the version installed is automake-1.10. I created a symlink from automake-1.9
pointing to automake-1.10, then ./configure ran to completion, but then make
complained that it couldn't find libtools, even though it's installed
in /usr/bin.

Make said it was looking for libtools in ../libtools, but I'm clueless as to
where that is. Any help on that?

Any help/suggestions welcome.

Nigel.