[arch-general] Arch64 specific mailing list?

Pierre CHAPUIS catwell at free.fr
Wed Apr 23 17:16:11 EDT 2008

Le Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:02:51 -0500,
"Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Why would we do this? The point of having two architectures in one
> distribution is to MERGE things, not further separate them.

Moreover, these architectures are about the same and have been merged in the kernel recently.

I'm running i686 on a 64 bits able laptop, I'm thinking of switching soon. I'll get an Arch 64 slice at Slicehost too. The only real problem is with binary, non-free programs such as Flash, otherwise it should be all fine. Except the packages are not as up to date as i686 in the repos sometimes, but that's doomed to change as more and more people will have 64 bits hardware now.

--
catwell