[arch-general] packager sometimes missing in arch's web interface

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Mon Aug 11 05:43:47 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 04:42 -0400, Adam Vogt wrote:
> I'm wondering whether it is a bug that [1] and [2] don't claim to have
> maintainers, but they actually do.
>
> If the web interface doesn't know of a maintainer, can it still send the
> maintainer an email that it is outdated (which is the case for [2]), of
> which a build for a newer version can be found at [3]
>
> [1] http://www.archlinux.org/packages/testing/i686/glib2/
> [2] http://www.archlinux.org/packages/testing/i686/bitlbee/
>
> [3] http://github.com/Pnevma/config/tree/master/Builds/bitlbee

Our web frontend works with 2 things when it comes to assigning
maintainers:
- the repository it is in
- the architecture of the package

So when I package glib2, I add two packages, one for i686 and one for
x86_64. Because of our signoff policy, I will have to do updates to
testing, creating another set of packages.
The testing packages are created and deleted everytime they're moved to
the core or extra repository. It makes no sense to adopt these packages
everytime. If you flag a testing package, nobody gets notified. Flag the
extra/core package instead.