[arch-general] Anyway to revert back to KDE 3.5.9? (Don't Panic)

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Mon Aug 11 14:41:01 EDT 2008

On Monday 11 August 2008 20:48:17 Attila wrote:
> Thanks for the warning about printer management because if this doesn't
> work i will get killed by my girlfriend.-) I hope in 4.2 there will be a
> way to config konqueror instead of dolphin as the favorite file manager.

See if this helps. Try the tip for setting konqueror as default application in
inode/directory entry.

http://www.kde-forum.org/artikel/18366/dolphin-kde4.html.

Also run kmenuedit(available when you right click on the K icon), there is a
home entry which uses konqueror for file management. Unhide it. There are
quite a few entries worth unhiding there, menu updator itself is one of them.

This does not remove dolphin but at least makes konqueror available for file
management in the menu.

Oh BTW, it brings an error about cervisia kpart. Don't know if it is a kde bug
or arch package problem.

HTH

--
 Shridhar