[arch-general] system upgrade not working

Sentinel kanocz at intrak.sk
Fri Aug 15 09:06:47 EDT 2008

Hellou,

I ran pacman -Syu two days ago on my arch and got a message, that pacman
has found a new version of it self. So I upgraded pacman. After issuing
the command pacman -Syu again I get the folowing error.
root at sentinel:/home/sentinel# pacman -Syu
<output ommited>
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: firefox: ignoring package upgrade (2.0.0.14-1 => 3.0.1-2)
warning: ruby: forcing upgrade to version 1.8.7_p72-1
warning: vlc: forcing upgrade to version 0.8.6i-3
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: linux-uvc-svn: requires kernel26<2.6.26
:: virtualbox-ose-additions-modules: requires kernel26<2.6.26

I tried pacman -S kernel26 -f, but did not help, the same error. Could
anybody help? I did not find any bug report about it the arch site.

Thnx a lot for your answers!

Tom